Thursday, October 29, 2009

I smiled at the thought....

October 20, 2009 - 9AM

DRIVING

Turned on the radio
Stopped on a red light
My mind was suddenly filled with thoughts of you.
Light turned green,
Thoughts of you lingered in my head.
I sung each song;
In the midst of all the confusion
I drove smoothly, oblivious of the heavy traffic;
I felt the song playing on the radio and I liked it.
I smiled at the thought
That you make my heart smile (not the song).
If I could only close my eyes briefly
I would've done it.
I f i could just stop and think for a moment
I would...
I've kept this for a while now,
Thinking, Maybe you felt it too.
I wish you feel the same way.
Wishing so hard that it made me laugh inside.
I'm crazy. I laughed again.
Light changed from yellow to red.
Stepped on the brakes
Thankful for this brief second
When I could think and dream of you;
Then my phone rang and I had to reach for it.
I was pissed.
It wasn't you.
Then it was something else that I'm thinking.
Tuned in to a rock station;
I'm cool.
And in my mind, YOU are nowhere to be found.
It's easy, it's simple.
I know, I can stop thinking about you...
I would.

Shineninstar, don't let your light disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment