Saturday, April 23, 2011

I wished then I sighed

Moments,
I've pictured them in my mind
Countless possibilities
I've wished so hard for them.

In my mind
I've kissed you the way I wanted you to kiss me
I smiled and my heart melted...(it was MY heart that melted),
Will you ever smile at me that way?
I hugged you like I would never let go,
Would you ever hug me that way?
I held your hand
and everything just stopped.
Will my heart ever grow tired of wishing for it?

I've dreamed of this moment a million times
In my head I've played it over and over again
My heart wished for it...fervently.
But my mind has its reasons.
And in that moment
my mind said something that my heart couldn't take
And I sighed...
I guess my heart will learn to wait...
But for now,
I'll hold your hand the way I wanted you to hold mine.
I'll put my arms around you and will feel your heart beat.
I'll kiss your lips the way I wanted you to kiss me.
I'll touch your face and I'll smile sweetly.
I'll tell you everything is fine...
(the way my heart longed for you to tell me that everything will always be alright)
I'll tell you I'm here for you, always.
I'll make you smile.
I'll tell you I miss you every minute that we're apart (because I really do)
And still for now...
I'll love you the way that no one else will do
I'll love you the way you wanted me to love you
And most of all,
I will LOVE YOU the way that I wanted you to love me.






No comments:

Post a Comment